The 3CX backhoe loader is designed to deliver optimal return on investment across a wide range of applications
- Simple components and steel bodywork, for reduced maintenance costs and greater durability
- SERVICEABILITY: Daily checks are performed automatically upon key-on by JCB’s innovative AutoCHECK system. In less than three seconds, the 3CX backhoe loader automatically reviews eight under-the-hood checkpoints and provides a green light to start working, or advises if attention is needed.
Like all JCB backhoe loaders, the 3CX backhoe is equipped with a one-piece hood that opens easily, without having to remove extra panels. The battery is positioned at the front of the machine, behind a locked grill, for quick and easy access.
All of routine servicing for the 3CX, including greasing and refueling, are easily and safely performed at ground level. The hydraulic tank is mounted outboard for similarly easy access.
The 3CX backhoe loader requires no time-consuming dust bowl or pre-cleaner, saving operator time and improving forward visibility. The JCB scavenge-design air filter discharges dirt via the exhaust, to extend the air filter life.
Additional fuel filtration reduces dirt in fluids and prevent blockages.
All hydraulic hoses for the excavator-end meet at the bulkhead manifold, enabling shorter hose length for easier and less costly replacement when necessary.
- 2-year/2,000-hour bucket-to-bucket, transferable warranty
- QUALITY, RELIABILITY AND DURABILITY: The chassis, loader arms, excavator end, cab, axles, transmission and engine on the JCB 3CX backhoe loader are all designed and built by JCB for optimal efficiency and reliability. Even the hydraulic cylinders are friction welded for extra strength., and JCB precision machining provides high tolerances and accurate location of pins and bushes.
The JCB 3CX backhoe loader chassis, boom, loader arms and other structural components are all subjected to prolonged high-stress loading, and the transmission is tested over thousands of cycles.
JCB uses stress-relieved fabrication for the 3CX backhoe boom, and heats it to over 1202˚F (650˚C), to double the expected boom life.
Rear stabilizers are equipped with twin directional hose-burst check valves (HBCVs), which prevent the stabilizer legs from moving during operation or falling while traveling, even if a hose fails.
Boom and dipper hoses are inside the rear structures of the machine, and kingpost hoses are enclosed in a flexible, robust conduit to keep them from snagging or sustaining damage. Similarly, the stabilizer cylinders are protected from damage by standard-fit guards.
- COST OF OWNERSHIP AND EFFICIENCY: The 3CX backhoe loader offers excellent earthmoving capability and high breakout forces, allowing operators to shift more material in less time. However, your enhanced return on investment is not just the result of increased productivity; JCB backhoes offer some of the industry’s lowest costs of ownership.
The JCB EcoMAX 74 hp (55 kW) engine produces peak power and torque at low engine speeds, which makes for great fuel efficiency, exceptional responsiveness and outstanding performance. Furthermore, it requires no diesel engine fluid (DEF), no diesel particulate filter (DPF) and no other engine aftertreatment, for simpler servicing, lower maintenance cost and reduced downtime.
With a top speed of 23 mph (37 km/h), the JCB 3CX reduces travel time on and between job sites, and a large 45 gallon (173 liters) fuel tank extends refueling intervals for maximum productivity.
Thicker steel and larger stress-relieving plates significantly reduce stress-related failures and repairs, to reduce the cost of ownership.
The 3CX also benefits from JCB’s powder coat paint process and optimized paint coverage, which provides a high quality finish that enables a machine stay looking good for longer.
- JCB EcoMAX 74 hp (55 kW) engine requires no DPF, no DEF and other aftertreatment, for simplified servicing
- PRODUCTIVITY AND PERFORMANCE: With up to 45 percent greater loader breakout forces, and nearly 25 percent greater excavator breakout forces, than its closest competitor, the JCB 3CX backhoe loader is the most productive affordable cost machine available in the market today.
High ground clearance allows the JCB 3CX backhoe loader to excel on uneven terrain, and standard 4WD and a rear limited-slip differential ensure maximum traction in the toughest conditions (2WD can always be selected to reduce tire wear during road travel).
The boom and dipper are of equal length, allowing the operator to dig closer to the machine, reducing the need to reposition while trenching, which saves time and fuel. Additionally, powerful slew forces enable fast and controllable trench backfilling.
The 3CX backhoe also offers exceptional load retention. It has a 201-degree bucket rotation and is the only machine in its class to offer true self-leveling for raising and lowering the loader arms, which provides fast and accurate movement of palletized loads and maximizes bucket-work efficiency by retaining more material in the bucket. Return-to-dig functionality further reduces cycle times during loading operations.
The 3CX backhoe is equipped with a high-performance 32.5 gpm (123 l/min) hydraulic pump to handle power-hungry attachments such as breakers and patch planers.
The standard loader float allows the operator to quickly and easily grade with the front bucket, leaving sites flat and level every time.
- On-board diagnostics and fleet management with JCB LiveLink telematics
- JCB AutoCHECK automatically performs daily checks to ensure machine readiness and reliability
- COMFORT AND EASE OF USE: The JCB 3CX backhoe loader is available with either a canopy or climate-controlled, positive-pressure cab. The operator station is the largest in its class, and all controls are ergonomically positioned, for improved comfort and productivity.
The conventional manual control system on the JCB 3CX backhoe loader is easy and comfortable to operate. For smooth and improved controllability, tower-mounted excavator joystick controls are available.
JCB suspension seats, with standard-fit armrests, reduce operator fatigue. A12 V power source in the operator station can be used to charge personal electronic devices and accessories.
With numerous lockable storage options on-board the JCB 3CX backhoe loader, tools are easy to carry and access.