If the lines go down and the power goes off, the JCB Polemaster+ allows you to respond quickly with a versatile platform that will complete the work of multiple machines.
- JCB Rotaclaw attachment easily lifts utility poles
- 2-year/2,000-hour bucket-to-bucket, transferable warranty
- TOTAL VERSATILITY: A JCB 6-in-1 shovel allows the Polemaster+ backhoe loader to be used for non-pole planting tasks without switching attachments. It’s a perfect tool for site stripping or preparing a compound.
As with any JCB backhoe loader, lifting tasks are easy and efficient. Front-mounted flip over forks make light work of palletized loads, while the lifting kit on the rear excavator can be used as a crane for handling objects.
The 29-foot (9 m) handheld tool circuit reel can power hydraulic tools for a huge range of tasks, eliminating the need for a separate portable power pack.
Choose from three steering modes: four-wheel steer offers ultimate backhoe maneuverability; crab steer minimizes ground damage; and two-wheel steer provides efficient, safe roading.
- ON THE MOVE: The JCB Polemaster+ backhoe loader is based on JCB’s legendary 4CX-14 SUPER backhoe loader. The machine is road-legal and can travel at up to 25 mph (40 km/h). Equipped with a 109 hp (81 kW) JCB EcoMAX engine with Torquelock, the JCB Polemaster+ backhoe loader has plenty power to perform a variety of different applications.
With four-wheel drive, four-wheel steer and optional 24 inch (600 mm) low-ground-pressure tires, this backhoe loader can easily access any work site with minimal ground damage.
The JCB Polemaster+ backhoe loader beats all the competition when it comes to operator visibility. An unobstructed 360-degree view allows the operator to see the entire job site.
The opening rear window allows easier communication with others site workers.
AutoBOOMLOCK holds the boom in a secure position when the excavator is not in use and improves safety during roading.
A stabilizer warning system alerts operator if the stabilizers are not fully retracted when the machine is moving.
- JCB telematics allow you to track your machine for enhanced security
- COMFORTABLY SUPERIOR: The new JCB Polemaster+ backhoe loader has ergonomic, seat-mounted, excavator-style controls. This setup makes for exceptional precision and fingertip control and supreme comfort.
The operator environment is well-organized and air-conditioned models feature an in-cab cool box for food and drinks. There’s an abundance of storage in the cab, making it easy to store work tools and personal items.
For added comfort and reduced material spillage, JCB’s SmoothRide System acts as a shock absorber for the bucket during travel. You can count on efficient, safe braking power with only minimal pedal effort.
- SAFETY AND SECURITY: The new JCB Polemaster+ backhoe loader is capable of delicate tasks, such as threading poles between lines and moving them in confined spaces; the Rotaclaw tool and seat-mounted excavator controls allow precise operation.
During the planting stage, the pole is mechanically secured by the Rotaclaw so there’s no need for a banksman to manually maneuver it into the hole. This is a safer, more controlled procedure than traditional slung methods.
Hose burst check valves (HBCVs) are fitted to the boom, dipper, bucket and Rotaclaw. This is a critical safety feature when planting poles weighing over a thousand pounds.
Guards protect the rear light guards from impact damage.
For additional safety and security, a standard-fit JCB keypad immobilizer can be set to require the operator to enter a passcode to start the machine.
JCB’s LiveLink telematics system allows machine tracking for swift recovery in the event of theft. Additionally, a “fencing” feature can be used to prevent machines from moving outside of designated areas.
- The JCB 6-in-1 shovel allows you to use your Polemaster+ for non-pole planting tasks
- On-board diagnostics and fleet management with JCB Automate and LiveLink telematics
- MADE FOR THE JOB: Use the new JCB Polemaster+ backhoe loader’s Rotaclaw attachment to lift utility poles easily. Two poles can be transported on the purpose-designed backhoe loader outriggers and pole fittings and insulators can be fitted while the poles are held in place.
Once in position, the Polemaster+ backhoe loader’s Rotaclaw bucket can be used to dig out an existing pole and place it safely on the ground.
The new hole is then easily prepared using the Rotaclaw to hold an 18-inch (450 mm) diameter flight and a 6,638 lb-ft (9,000 Nm) torque auger.
Without moving the backhoe, the auger is then placed on the ground, and the Rotaclaw is used to pick up a new pole from the outriggers. The Rotaclaw’s variable geometry and ample pressure allows poles up to 49 feet (15 m) long to be safely handled.
Finally, the new pole is maneuvered into position using the Rotaclaw’s 93 degrees of rotation, and 180 degrees of slew. Control is very precise, making for safer operation.
After a pole is planted, workers can use the handheld tool circuit to power tampers to complete a job. The JCB Polemaster+ backhoe loader can then move to the next location with minimal ground damage.
- Ergonomic, seat-mounted excavator-style controls
- Handles poles up to 49 feet in length
- Three steering modes: four-wheel steer, crab steer and two-wheel steer
- Organized cab with plenty of storage space