|Maximum Engine Power:||109hp, 81kW|
|Maximum Lift Capacity:||10,000lbs, 4,536kg|
|Maximum Lift Height:||55'/17m|
Designed and developed using our Efficient Design philosophy, the JCB 550-170 is a full-sized 4-stage telescopic handler with a huge reach. It uses our award-winning new EcoMAX engine and sits on a chassis that’s designed for load-bearing and stability.
The 550-170’s all-new EcoMAX engine meets Stage IIIB/Tier 4i legislation without using a bulky DPF, which, in turn, brings benefits like great visibility, low running costs and more uptime. To increase productivity still further, there’s a variable-speed cooling fan on 109hp (81kW) engine.
- The new-look exterior of the 550-170 Loadall isn’t purely cosmetic; the cooling fan airflow is now angled upwards, reducing dust build-up.
- The cab is one of the largest around, boasting class-leading low noise levels; excellent air flow, ventilation and de misting; optional air conditioning; fully adjustable steering column and optional suspension seat.
- A productivity-enhancing 7-speed fan optimizes heating and cooling in the cab of the 550-170 telescopic handler.
- For quick, easy and safe access, the JCB 550-170 has a three-point access.
- Visibility on a 550-170 telescopic handler is excellent, courtesy of a cleverly-packaged driveline and sloping hood.
- New instruments and a hi-res TFT screen form an intuitive automotive-style layout in the new 550-170 Loadall cab, while backlit switches are crystal clear even in the dark.
- A JCB 550-170 Loadall is fitted with a tough inverted U-shaped boom pressing with fully welded closing plates. For extra strength we limit the number of joints and stress points across our integrated boom nose and one-piece closing plate.
- DPF-free engine design saves time and money
- On bright days, standard-fit tinted cab glass will reflect 30% of the sun’s energy for enhanced operator comfort.